Sunday, February 4, 2007

Domestic Goddess of the Kitchen

Ah, today is the 3 year marker for Dan and my first date. To celebrate I baked a chocolate cake from scratch, made chocolate icing, from scratch and right now in the slow cooker is a roast with carrots. The potatoes (with garlic) have yet to be made. I can't wait to get to the wine.

Yesterday, I made Cream of Broccoli Soup - from scratch. It is yummy. It was even more special as I shared it with my friend Maureen who was in town for her son's hockey tournament. Last I talked, her son's team had won their first match.

What else will this kitchen goddess make? Nothing for now. We have left overs! Isn't that the whole point to making good things?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Can you post that recipe for Broc soup? Now... I am totally craving chocolate cake!!

Angela said...

Hey Liz. Here it is. I find it absolutley yummy.
This isn't a thick creamy soup.

Cream of Brocolli Soup

1/4 cup butter
1 small onion chopped
4 cup of chicken stock/boullion
3 Tbs flour
4 cups of chopped brocolli
1/2 cup of light cream or half & half
Pepper to taste.

Sautee onion and butter
add flour and mix till all mixed in
Slowly add chicken stalk - stirring.
Add brocolli and cook till tender

Take soup and in parts, blend it in the blender. Return to pot (if you like brocolli chunks, scoop some out and add back in)

Back on the stove on low heat, add cream. Do not boil.

Add pepper to taste.

Serve.

(I find it best to have all the prep done first before I start)