Friday, February 16, 2007

Internet access easy????

Well, websites are supposed to be easy right? Well, it all depends. Everyone knows that I will start my Master's degree this summer but in the mean time, I need to take one course as a pre-requisite so I went on UBC's website last night. It was NOT easy.

First, to register for summer courses the deadline is Feb 28th! Oh my gosh, I better get to it. Okay, so I find the appropriate page and now here is my choice. Do I register for a returning student as I am a student from UBC-O, a new student as I have been out for a year, a distant education student (yes, but not so easy), for my master's? I am not accepted yet so I can't, nor can I register for regular university course as I am not registered in any other program, or the unspecified student. To make a long story short, I went to bed and called the person on the toll free number. Wow, so much easier! She just took my student number, registered me as an unspecified student, and told me to pay my 100 before my March 29th registration time and that was it. Oh yeah, she also told me the courses that are offered will not be on the web till next week. Whew! As the one I need is not shown yet.

Websites? Not nearly as user friendly as it is supposed to be.

Anyway, everything else is going great! Work is busy and I am constantly learning, spring break is 3 weeks away, and the snow is melting.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

People are still better!! Good luck with your course.