Saturday, April 21, 2007

teaching

So, I don't work Fridays so at the beginning of the school year, I put my name down to sub on Fridays. I RARELY get called. In fact I have taught a total of 1.5 days since September. However, as I had plans yesterday, I of course get called in. I figure that by the time they call me, they are running out of options plus I got the call at 7:45 rather than an earlier call. So, I saw the call display and debated with myself should I answer or not. I chose to answer. I was asked to go to a grade 2 class nearby (thankfully). I got there several minutes before the bell rang.

It was fun. The class mostly accepted my changes in the way things are done but I tried to follow their routine. I could not find one book I was supposed to read... I looked everywhere except the one place where it was (but I was not looking for a stack of photocopied books). Anyway, it was found for buddy reading.

I forgot how much kids tattle on each other. Groan. At the end of the day, my voice was so tired. I wish I had a sound field system!! Then I kicked myself... I had one in my car the whole time as I have it for a school on Monday to use!!!

So, I enjoyed teaching a class but I also like my job where I am teaching one on one.

And on the note... two more months and I start going to school again myself.

Happy Saturday.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Grade 2s are a blast. I love that age group.