Sunday, May 6, 2007

Another death but not what you think.

Thanks to all who sent their thoughts and prayers for my Grandma's funeral. It was beautiful, quiet, and a great celebration of her life. Thanks.

On the other side, my car was sent to be buried. It hemorrhaged anti-freeze yesterday when we were supposed to come back to Trail. We came out of London Drugs and noticed liquid dripping heavily from beneath the car. We managed to bring it to the garage where I have gone to before. Well, our choice was to pay 500 to get it fixed or a new one. My car is 13 years old and has been great. However, I have paid already about 2000 in the last 6 months. Dan was also worried that my car would die on me at the most inopportune moment so we decided to look around. Bruce Striker at Don Folk Chevolds was great. A good salesman who doesn't push. We checked out a few cars and chose the Chev Cobalt (Consumer rated as best buy). By the way, anyone who has graduated from University in the last 4 years, the company will pay your first two months of car payments. Anyway, they took another 1000 off the price and Chev Canada will donated 1000 to a charity of your choice. It is called the "Car Heaven" program. So, I have a new zippy car with a/c (never before) and it is a four door, and it has all the doodads for babies (whenever they come) and a bunch more. It is a fun car to drive (also a standard).

So, bye to my Chev Calavier and hello to Chev Cobalt.