Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Blisters

Oh, last Saturday my friend and I went cross country skiing. As I don't have any equipment, I borrowed her mother-in-law's. The boots seemed to fit perfectly. Nope. 3/4 of the way in, my heels started to hurt - a lot. We had to return and it was a painful journey. When we got back to the car, I had to immediately check my heels... ouch!!! Red and the blisters broken. Even now, 3 days later, they are red and sore.

I want to go again (after the heels have healed), but should I use the boots again and have band aids and thicker socks?

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Our skate ski boots have an adjustable heel strap that will hold your heel tighter in your boot. I also found using a proper sock is helpful. Good luck

shashibala said...

Hey Ang,
I'd like to ski with you sometime!

I will have to rent equipment, though, and hopefully the boots will be more comfy that the ones you had!!